I. INTEGRAL FORMATION
The integral formation of the human person includes two major parts: Personal growth and Social integration.
This involves the formation of the following aspects of the students’ personality.
SPIRITUAL AND MORAL FORMATION
The school will make conscious efforts to realize this goal by creating a suitable atmosphere which motivates the students to:
- Discover the power and goodness of God in their day-to-day living.
- Acquire the knowledge of God and be in touch with Him through prayer.
- Worship God in gratitude and humility.
- Form their conscience to discern truth and develop the courage to make right choices in life.
- Practice the values of compassion, forgiveness, honesty, courage and respect.
The formation of the intellect demands a progressive and systematic graduation through knowledge, understanding, application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation. While promoting academic excellence the school shall stimulate the students to think clearly, judge accurately and make choices in a logical manner always keeping in mind that “The aim of education should be to convert the mind into a living fountain and not a reservoir.
The human person is a whole and there is a definite interplay between one’s rationality, emotions and actions. Hence, our school will enable the students progressively to:
- Develop self-awareness suited to one’s age.
- Recognize emotions peculiar to one’s temperament and exercise of self-discipline.
- Discover one’s potentials and accept one’s limitations and develop self-confidence.
This is essentially having a love and longing for what is good, what is true and what is beautiful. Hence the school shall foster in the students:
- A concept of truth, beauty and goodness.
- Appreciation of art, music, dance, drama and literature.
- Ability to identify norms of courtesy, appropriate manners of speech, behaviour and dress.
- Appreciation and evaluation of mass media.
The body of the human being is a master piece of God’s creation. In dealing with the physical formation of the child, attention will be paid to:
- The development of the senses: touch, taste, smell, hearing and sight.
- Strengthening of muscles and limbs for a healthy body.
- Study of the parts of the body and its functioning.
- Mastery of the norms of health, hygiene and relaxation.
- Basic tips for maintaining vigour, beauty, posture, grace and elegance.
II. SOCIAL INTEGRATION
Humans are social beings who work among people, with people at all times and in all places. This presupposes the knowledge of interpersonal realtionalships. The school will provide the atmosphere where this can be imparted, so that they may learn the art of living besides the mastery of the subjects.
In our pluralistic society amidst the differences of caste, creed and language it is important that the students be taught to appreciate ones culture while promoting harmony and National Integration. Therefore the school will help the students.
- To develop a sense of pride, love and loyalty to the members of the home.
- Practice respect for elders, gentleness, hospitality and non-violence.
- Appreciate the wide variety of cultures, religions and languages in the country.
- Develop sensitivity to the needs of others.
This aims at developing within the child the motivating force to realize the aspirations enshrined in the constitution of the country to secure to all its citizens justice, equality and fraternity. To do this the school shall inculcate in the students
- A sense of pride in the Nation’s heritage and present progress.
- Develop love and loyalty to ones country and its people.
This is the specific thrust of our education. Our students will therefore be trained to:
- To recognize the reality of the Fatherhood of God and the equality of all God’s children.
- Acquire a genuine respect for all persons irrespective of caste, creed or social status.
- Develop sensitivity to the needs of the poor and the oppressed leading to concrete actions.
A graduate of our school will be:
- Morally sound and spiritually oriented,
- Psychologically well adjusted
- Intellectually competent
- Committed to one’s nation and the cause of one’s fellow beings in justice, love and peace and always open to the truth.